Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Welcome Michael Bass Designs!

Ever ask yourself why the genius technicians didn't make the PC jack functional in all modes on your Canon 580 EX II, or did you want to, while holding your camera to your face, also be able to trigger a Pocket Wizard-controlled camera without much more than a flinch of your fingers on the lens barrel?

These mods, and more, can be yours, thanks to the genius of Michael Bass, and I want to thank him for choosing to advertise here on Photo Business News & Forum. The last time I felt I had access to this level of access to the inner-workings of my camera's flashes was when I would visit Jorge Mora, former National Geographic equipment guru, at his small repair shop on Wisconsin Ave, here in DC. Jorge was able to give my Nikon 8008 a PC jack, among many other wonderful tweaks, to make my work better. So too, can Michael crack open a piece of gear, or create a mod that will make your work easier.

Don't see some functionality or mod on his site? Just ask - he does CUSTOM work too.

So, show him some love, and check out what he's got over on his site!

(Comments, if any, after the Jump)


Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to Mora's shop? Did he relocate or retire?

John Harrington said...

I believe that he's retired. I had heard a story that his son, Jorge Jr, had unexpectedly passed away during a trip South, but I can't be sure about that.

Newer Post Older Post